Monday, July 19, 2010

Makeup.

What better way to start off my first official blog than to discuss one of the best things ever created: makeup. I am absolutely crazy about makeup. I love thinking about it. I love looking at it. Looking at it? So many places to look! Magazines, online, in stores, in flyers, with friends, by myself- I don't care, I freaking love it.

This morning I had to run into Shoppers to do an exchange. I think we all know what I left with.

Today's most exciting purchase was the new Cover Girl "smokyshadowblast" that I've been dying to try. I'm usually not a big fan of 2-in-1, and certainly not a fan of pencil shadows. But their ads are so good, I couldn't resist. I've been wanting to try this out because I thought it might be something I could recommend to clients who ask me what makeup they can use that's easy and quick to apply. This little number has your base, liner, and shading all-in-one, and you don't need brushes. And the colour combos are very tasty indeed. So far, things are looking good. I applied the colours (Purple Plume, by the way) a few hours ago, and honey, I am looking pretty hot. No creasing thus far. That is the ultimate test. Will advise.

(Don't worry, I didn't just pick up one makeup-y treat. I also bought Maybelline's Unstoppable eyeliner in 'Cinnabar'. Doesn't everybody need a self-sharpening eyeliner for your purse in case you've run out to mail a letter, thinking you won't see anyone, then you decide to run to the grocery store? Hello foundation compact, liner, and gloss. Fabulous!) ;)

6 comments:

  1. Girl YOU are fabulous!! J'adoring and je totally living for blog about makeup. what could be more wonderfully superficial and?? I heard not long ago that in medieval Japan, theirs was such a cult of beauty and aesthetics that day to day letters were written in verse and a popular activity was taking part in an incense smelling contest!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been wanting to try the "Smokeyshadowblast" so I will stay tuned to see what your verdict is. Question. I have yet to find a brow pencil that I don't go through in a month because I have to sharpen it so often. Do you have a brow recommendation?

    ReplyDelete
  3. An incense smelling contest!! How divine! "J'adoring". Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alright folks. The verdict is in re: the Cover Girl shadowblast.

    Not feelin' it.

    Love the colour combos, love the convenience. But it's crease-ville. I always wear powder shadows, and this is why- I can't deal with creasing. Without a powder base to set the canvas and make things "stick", I feel the colours are up there just kinda messin' with me, threatening to get greasy-looking.

    Also, I found myself trying to get more colour onto my eyeballs, but the pigment isn't intense enough, for my liking. If you want a smoky eye in these tones, go and get yourself a nice smooth eyeliner and Revlon's 12-hour Color Stay eyeshadow quad in "Coffee Bean". Mmm, coffee. AND, of course get yourself a sexy mascara. You will love me forever if you go and get Lancome Virtuose. Seriously crazy stuff that is.

    ReplyDelete
  5. disappointing news but thanks for saving me the time and $$! i might just bite the bullet and get myself the lancome mascara if it's that good.

    my request is for you to let us know when your favourite products are ON SALE!!! then i'll try them.

    move over paula begoun - T-ZONE is here to give you all the answers!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bite the bullet. It is worth it big time. Why don't you make it a reward for a goal you've achieved, like, I haven't eaten dessert in a month, I'm rewarding myself with a virtuous mascara. Motivation!

    ReplyDelete