Friday, July 23, 2010

(Totally not) Saved by the Bell

I have a bunch of stuff to rave about today, both fun and not fun. First, not fun: Bell sucks it. David bought a phone on a 3-year plan, almost 2 years ago. Long story short, he has had nothing but issues with the phone since about 2 months after he bought it. Since we are both self-employed, having operational phones is a big deal. Anyway today, for the third time, he took his phone in to the Bell store. Well, not actually HIS phone. He hasn't had his own phone for MONTHS now. He's been using this ugly white loaner phone that Bell gave him since they wouldn't replace HIS phone. During the first repair, someone at the Bell store screwed up the warranty paperwork with the factory. Because of this, despite having extended warranty coverage, they they won't give him a new phone. They keep "fixing" the old phone, but it never gets fixed, so he keeps getting these loaner phones and having to delete and switch all his data into this stupid temporary loaner. This last loaner was such a dud that finally he went in today again to see where HIS phone was and we were there for over an hour. The first guy we dealt with, Joe, was totally uncaring and unhelpful. He did as little as possible, and it was like someone reciting a training manual, his answers were so practiced. When David asked to speak with the manager, Joe came out and stood next to her and the more she and David discussed (nicely, but strongly) the issues, I saw Joe turning his head and rolling his eyes haughtily. I could not deal with his attitude. Anyway, once again, they weren't able to give him a phone out of their stock, and everything was "We can't do that on a store level", "If you want something to be done, you'll have to call the executive office", "Well your phone is two years old, maybe it's time you get a NEW PHONE". OK, I'm sorry, but that is where I had to say something. I was like, "Um, the issues didn't start NOW, they started TWO YEARS AGO", to which she replied that SHE didn't even live in this city two years ago. How THAT is relevant to David getting a properly-functioning phone of his own, I do not know. And regarding calling head office? I said, "Why should we do that on OUR time? We've already spent about 5 hours at this store trying to fix this issue. While we're here, with you, at the Bell store, why don't we go and call head office right now, while you, the manager, are here with us, and you can speak on our behalf, and request that something be done for us regarding a new phone." Not happening. She finally told David that this was now totally up to him, they were unable to help him as they obviously couldn't be handing out new phones to customers from their stock at the store. They wouldn't call head office, and basically said tough shit, you shouldn't be using a phone that's outdated, why don't you upgrade your phone... yes, of course you'll need to sign a new 3-year contract. WHAT? Like, WHAT??? He already PAID $110 to get extended warranty, an that wasn't even TWO years ago. Like seriously? I have never had issues like this with Rogers. Not that Rogers is perfect, I'm not saying that. But any time I have had issues or questions with my account, they have seriously been awesome. Not to mention that they own Chatelaine and LOULOU, and don't get me going on how much I love those magazines. Bell sucks. Now for fun stuff: 1. I love my Blackberry so much it's sickening. Today I discovered all the little emoticons. As I said, sickening. 2. Pantene is kicking some major ass these days. This is kinda sick, but I'm going to tell you anyway. Last Saturday night, I washed my hair, blow-dried it, then sprayed in some of my new Pantene "Medium THICK Anti-Humidity" hairspray. Now folks, this is not just ANY hairspray. THIS is a hairspray which allows you to not wash your hair for 4 days and still have it look fabulous. Ok, that is the sick part. I washed my hair on Saturday evening, then not again until Wednesday afternoon. Like, usually I wouldn't be able to deal, by Monday morning, I'd be washin' the old hairball. But when my hair was still perfect and clean on Monday, I had to see what Tuesday would look like. Once again, amazing. The way the hairspray keeps the humidity out, and the way it makes the hair feel, you don't have to do a thing to it. So I left it till Wednesday. The sides and back were still fantastic, but the bang area was starting to get a little separated slash oily looking. If you have long-ish hair that's medium/thick, and love the thought of a hairspray that will beat this humidity, just go and buy this. Great price point, and a nice slim can. http://www.pantene.com/en-US/hair-care-products/product/anti-humidity-aerosol-hairspray.aspx 3. Ok, so back to the Cover Girl "smokyshadowblast" that we were all excited about? Well I already established that it is a terrible, useless product (with fabulous advertising that I got sucked into). So I went into Shoppers today and when the cosmetician asked me if she could help me out, I said, "Yes actually. I have a question for you. What is your policy for returning makeup that is total crap?" I went on to take out my Purple Plume and demonstrate the greasiness and the lack of staying power. I was expecting another "There's nothing we can do for you, you'll have to contact Cover Girl" (we'd just left Bell and I was ready to roll if need be). But no, she was fabulous. We talked about which Cover Girl products are awesome (hello, LashBlast), and which ones aren't. Since I still had my receipt (PEOPLE, KEEP YOUR RECEIPTS. ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS. FOR AT LEAST A MONTH.), she said they would be happy to take the product back. Now that is great customer service, and not only good for Shoppers, but good for Cover Girl. Like, if I had wasted $10 on that shadow stick, I'd have been ticked, and probably not bought Cover Girl again. But now, it's like, okay, I tried it, it sucked, but I was able to return it. That will make me willing to try out CG in the future, and definitely keep going back to Shoppers Drug Mart. Which is a good thing, because dear LORD in heaven I love Optimum points. 4. J'adore Diet Pepsi. I don't believe aspartame is in any way good for you. Just want to put that out there. But man alive I love an icy cold Pepsi rippin' down my throat. 5. One of my goals this summer is to try to drink 8 cups of water a day. This I find VERY hard to do. I've been using a TD bank water bottle, and there's a measuring "label" on the side up to 500mL. It is totally great. I'm up to 4 cups already today. I think I'm going to make 6. Having a bottle with the measure on the side shows you how much you're drinking, so it's more motivating than if you're just trying to guesstimate. Guesstimate. I hate that word. I really don't like two words joined together, unless it's in German, because that is just super fun and hilarious. I also really don't get hyphenated first names. But that could be a blog onto itself. Time for a drink o' water.

3 comments:

  1. well you know I also think Bell SUCK. HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE. so jealous of your BB, wish I had long, medium/thick hair so I could try this hairspray and I will keep all my receipts. I tried to take back the Balea (new SDM line I'm sure you're familiar with) facial cleansing cloths. Well, speaking of suck, they're dry, thin and they stink. I didn't have the receipt so when the girl said she couldn't take them back I said just take them and throw them out then because I don't want them. At that point she just suggested I give them to a friend. Why would I do that to a friend?? Can't even remember who I gave them to but from now on it's Olay Daily facials or nothing. Always up for suggestions though. Diet Pepsi ROCKS but water is better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. Thank you Lisa. You rock for saying I rock. Rock on.

    2. Shelley: One of the worst things about Bell is those old beaver commercials. Enough about that. Balea sucks it. Do you hear that people? Balea (what kind of a name is that? People are going to pronounce THAT wrong all OVER da place) produces cleansing cloths that are DRY, THIN, and, THEY STINK.

    I'm going to pretend I didn't read the comment about the receipt.

    Despite the pain in my chest today, I just laughed out loud about her suggestion to give them to a friend.

    Here's how THAT would go:

    Me: 'These cleansing cloths are total garbage. Hmm, I'm going to take them back. Oh I can't take them back. Maybe I'll just throw them out, because I'm certainly not going to subject my skin and my NOSE, to these "cleansing" cloths. NO NO WAIT YES!! OMG YES! Because I hate this product so much, why don't I just pass it on to a FRIEND! Maybe my FRIEND has such poor taste that she won't mind that I'm passing over these cleansing cloths to HER because *I* hate them! Omg, BRILLIANCE!

    My question is, did you end up giving them to a friend you dislike? Heehee.

    I'm not a huge fan of The Cleansing Cloth, just because I always wear mascara and always rinse with water after makeup removal, so for me there's no point. Having said that, if I were to use them I'd choose Olay for my face (love the smell). When I am on location doing makeup for shoots, I use Life Brand just to wipe my hands while I'm working. They work really well too, and are well-priced.

    For your FYI, a link I found:

    http://www.viewpoints.com/Olay-Daily-Facials-Cleansing-Cloths-reviews

    ReplyDelete