Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Monsters Inc.

I bought a new pair of jeans and I feel like I'm on (Carpenters reference coming:)  top of the world.  Time for a Carpenters video (1991 remix, no less):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0G-c4QDMzU


Oh, that's right, I LOVE Karen Carpenter, and I suppose by association, Richard Carpenter, though seeing The Karen Carpenter Story (50 times or so) kind of made me anti Richard.  ANYWAYS (get that "s" off of there!) I think it's already obvious that this blog is going to be pretty incoherent and rather, to use a very overused word, "random".


Back to the jeans.  I have already told you that since the Hamburglar invaded our home, I want to shop 'til I drop.




So last Wednesday, I had a couple of hours and went to the Bay to get a couple of watch batteries.  I always think that The Bay is going to be expensive, but I always end up finding some of my favorite items there, and often at extremely reasonable prices.  I love "kersh", "kensie", "INC", "Jessica Simpson".... DID YOU SAY "INC" and "JESSICA SIMPSON"?  Well then let me tell you:  I found an awesome pair of jeans by INC. (which I can fit into again Praise the Lord Above) and they even have big-ass pockets on the back, to create the illusion of actually having one.  AND?  They have shiny rhinestone-y buttons on all the pockets.  (Squeal?)


 http://www.macys.com/catalog/product/index.ognc?ID=477953&BannerID=PD437&PartnerID=LINKSHARE&LinkshareID=neQRQBqOKtQ-a1fuf4iDMgEfEu8lo39OfQ



And don't even get me goin' about the Jessica Simpson top I found.  Regular $64 (so not worth it), marked half price, and then at the cash, further reduced to $22.  (Looks better on me, p.s.):





Now listen- you could go to a cheaper store and find a cheaply made, gross-feeling shirt for $22.  But why not go to The Bay!?  Love it. 

Next topic:  having an alarm system is the best thing ever.  For $25 a month, and free installation, we have an Alarm Force alarm system that kicks every monster's ass.  Benjamin is sleeping again, IN HIS ROOM, and for like 9 hours a night.  He knows that the alarm system keeps the monsters out and what a difference it has made.  I can sleep again.  David can sleep again.  It's like having this constant invisible superhero laser shield around your house.  I can't stress enough how valuable this is.  When you go away, you don't have to impose on a friend, asking them to look after your house so it looks like someone's home.  Why should they have the responsibility of the safety of your home?  I always hate asking people to do that.  And when you're sleeping, you don't have to listen to Tiny Night Noises because you know you have an alarm system that will go off if someone tries anything stupid. 

Love.

Next topic:  I've added up the replacement value of the jewelry I lost.  I can't even bring myself to write how much but OMG.  Let's just say insurance only covers $4000, and that comes nowhere close.  Apparently the price of gold really HAS gone up.  Holy frigg.  So that is just another reason to take legal action with UPS.  I've already spoken with the folks at the faculty of law at UWO to get legal advice, and I am going to set up a consultation with a lawyer downtown to see how much of a case we have.  But pretty much everyone I've talked to is shocked at the negligence UPS showed at leaving a big 'ole sticker on our front door, the DAY BEFORE CHRISTMAS, announcing that we were away.  And leaving the package at the back door, to boot.  Unreal.  Oh, and guess what? They were here again the other day when I was home and didn't even ring the doorbell, but decided to leave the handvac I ordered IN THE FRONT PORCH, on the floor, with no notification whatsoever.  Another $100 lost if someone had walked in and seen it.  Unreal again!  And David's aunt ordered a Dyson vacuum cleaner awhile back, and UPS delivered it... AND LEFT IT OUTSIDE ON HER FRONT STEP!!!!  Are you SERIOUS?

I need another cup of coffee.








Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment