Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Cereal number.

The cereal number is 5, because that is how many boxes of Special K that I now have living in my house.  I am telling you two things right now:  I'm tired of being fat, and I love the Special K Challenge.



Oh, that's right, I said the F word.  Everyone's always like, "No, you're not "FAAAAT", look at your long arms and you're so TALL!" and I'm like, yeah, I am 30 pounds heavier than before I had Benjamin, and I feel like garbage and I have one pair of pants that fits so nevermind.

 Over a year ago, I started a weight loss program because I was asked to, but I just didn't have the time to commit to centre visits and weigh-ins and all that stuff.  I'm more of a Solo Loser of Weight.  I need to obsess and spend hours in magazines and make mistakes and not have to explain myself to someone who's weighing me because then I get "all like":  don't tell ME I can't have a piece of cake at my friend's birthday party (because EVERY time I want cake, I am of COURSE at a friend's birthday party...)


Last Tuesday, after the gorging over the Thanksgiving weekend, I dedided that I've had it with feeling uncomfortable.  I went online, and though I was pessimistic about finding anything helpful,  I stumbled upon the Special K challenge, you know, the one you always see advertised on TV with the red-swim-suited girl eating Special K from a white bowl and looking all lean and serene, and you think it's a load of crap because diets don't work?




 Yeah, well, I started eating according to their "classic plan" last Tuesday, and HELLO, already down 4 lbs.  I seriously feel better than I have in MONTHS- sleeping great, eating amazing food AND LOTS OF IT, have more energy, and don't loathe myself.   There is something horrible that happens when you go from high-to-high eating (delicious PC) chips and (Starbucks Ginger Bread/Caramel Brule) lattes, and that is the lack of self-discipline that happens which turns into fat which turns into defeat which turns into self-repulsion.  Nevermind. 






Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment