Thursday, August 12, 2010

Mad Men = Mad Women

For months I've been reading about this ridiculously amazing show called Mad Men.  All I knew about it was that everyone's going mad about the costumes.

I have finally watched it.  Almost through Season One.

O. M. G.

When I watch this show, I feel sick.  But I can't STOP.

For someone who was brought up thinking feminism was a horrible, ungodly thing (I had no opinions and very little knowledge of my own), this show is a huge reminder about how free we are now (women living in this part of the world that is).  Of course, like everything, things are often taken to the exTREME.  But seriously, we need to remember how things were for us, and not that long ago.

I can't even talk about it more, it has to be watched.  Every woman should watch this show to REMEMBER.  Every episode is like a mini remembrance day for women.

No comments:

Post a Comment